Read these sample answers. In less than 7 minutes you should be able to learn how to:
“I’ve been in the staffing and recruiting business for 18 years, but your information on how to frame responses to questions gave me the confidence I needed to get myself a job! I also liked the Behavioral Interview question strategies — it is so important to be prepared for this. I will recommend your guide to all my candidates. It is great!”
- Why did you leave your last job?
- Have you ever been fired or forced to resign?
- Why have you had so many jobs in such a short period of time?
- Can you explain this gap in your employment history?
- Why should we hire YOU? — What can you do for us that someone else cannot?
- What would you hope to accomplish in your first 90 days here?
- Give me an example of a problem you faced on the job, and tell me how you solved it.
- What was your role in your department’s most recent success?
- Share some examples of how you’ve been able to motivate other people.
- Tell me about a time when you had to use your presentation skills to influence someone’s opinion. How did you prepare? What was the outcome?
- Walk me through the steps you took to reach an important long-term goal.
- Describe a decision you made that was unpopular and how you handled implementing it.
- How do you go about learning new technical skills?
“I found the book to be a tremendous resource that changed how I prepared for a job interview. The focus on the behavioral interview and how to prepare was worth many times what I paid for it.